Homemade Mango Chutney
One of our favorite ways to eat chicken is baked or roasted, served with Spanish rice and a bit of mango chutney. Here's an easy, excellent recipe for homemade golden mango chutney that I found on the C & H website. Do you like mango chutney? What are your favorite foods to eat it with?
Homemade Mango Chutney Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 6 cups mangoes (4 to 5), peeled and cut in 3/4-inch pieces (See How to Cut a Mango)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, whole
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (hot)
- Combine sugar and vinegar in a 6 quart pot; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, until syrupy and slightly thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Pour into clean, hot jars leaving 1/2-inch headspace; close jars. Process in a water bath 15 minutes.
Makes 6 (1/2 pint) jars